Prepare for new or increasing management roles by expanding your knowledge across organizational functions.
- Overcome the barriers that prevent emergent leaders from fully embracing their positions.
- Connect corporate strategy, departmental goals and daily objectives.
- Leverage lean thinking and operational efficiency to help your organization run more smoothly.
Reveal your true potential with this interactive immersion in the principles of organizational management.
- Review and analyze the interplay of the core components of business: finance, marketing, operations, strategy and organizational leadership.
- Expand your perspective across organizational functions and develop the managerial habits to support new initiatives on departmental and corporate levels.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of basic financial statements, marketing metrics, performance assessment methods and strategic business models.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes case study readings. The selected case studies will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- Identify how your work adds value and develop a personal action plan that applies those insights to current challenges and sets the stage for your continued learning and development.
- Understand interdependencies between functions and learn how to collaborate across functions to maximize effectiveness.
- Assess performance across your team and plan targeted improvements.
- Leverage your role as a manager to facilitate collaboration and better understanding and execution against organizational goals.
Management Essentials for Developing Leaders counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management. Complete this program, then earn three additional credits for a total of four credits to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for:
- Managers with fewer than six years of management experience.
- Other managerial candidates ready to expand their responsibilities and adopt a more broad-reaching managerial mindset.
It's best for those newly empowered to lead teams or business units, and high-potential individuals who want to build expertise in strategy, operations, finance and leadership.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Development; Samuel A. Lewis Sr. Faculty Fellow;, John Tyler Professor of Business Administration;, Institute for Business in Society Academic Director
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 32.0
- Fields of Study: Business Management and Organization, Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
As a participant of this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee.