Exceed your targets, foster long-term growth and increase your bottom line when you create customized sales goals in sync with long-term corporate strategy.
- Develop your sales team with the resilience to adapt to changing market needs
- Identify and attract your most profitable customers
- Track your progress against internal and competitor benchmarks to improve your process over time.
Early Bird Discount
Save $1,000 on the program fee when you register by 6 December 2019. The Early Bird program price is $5,950.
Expand your awareness of the many ways sales can accelerate your business when you analyze big-picture strategy for its practical components.
- Pinpoint the impact of your sales team's activities on your organization's go-to-market strategies and brainstorm ways to improve it.
- Examine your ideal customers for missed opportunities and learn how to use analytics to provide a more satisfying customer experience.
- Share your sales pitches, pipelines and motivational tactics with experts in the field, who will provide individual feedback to sharpen them and help you define the most effective practices for your sales force.
- Explore the intersection of sales, marketing and new technologies to eliminate duplication of efforts and supercharge customer outreach.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Pre-reading Case Studies
- Salesforce Effectiveness Exercise
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
- Aligning Sales Strategies With Corporate Revenue Targets
- Developing Profitable Customer Relationships
- Strategic Account Management
- Designing Solutions for Enterprise Customers
- Motivating the Sales Force
- Understanding the Major Accounts Buying Process
- Developing Metrics and Tracking Sales Performance
- Pipeline Management
- Integrating Sales and Marketing
Impact & Outcomes
- Implement the best sales management strategy for your organization.
- Develop a customized Customer Value Proposition around which you can align your sales team and corporate strategists.
- Choose the right metrics to track your sales efforts and provide clear guidance to higher profits.
- Nurture existing customers and guarantee long-term growth.
- Motivate your team members to capitalize on their natural strengths.
- Energize corporate support for your sales force.
The Strategic Sales Management program counts as one credit toward a Certificate in Management. Complete this program and earn three additional credits in a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for sales managers who want to establish winning ground rules for profitable strategy, as well as experienced leaders looking to fast-track their sales careers. It also speaks to small business owners that need to expand or streamline their paths to profit and executives who support or rely on sales managers to meet their revenue goals.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Richard S. Reynolds Professor of Business Administration, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Development and Full-Time MBA Program
Bauer Professor of Marketing and Executive Director of the Sales Excellence Institute - University of Houston
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 20.0
- Fields of Study: Business Management and Organization, Personal Development
- Program Level: Intermediate
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to [email protected] with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or [email protected] to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Location & Accommodations
UVA Darden DC Metro
1100 Wilson Boulevard
Please note that accommodations are not included in the program fee. Recommended accommodations include:
Hyatt Centric Arlington
1325 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virginia, 22209
Tel: +1 703 525 1234
Le Méridien Arlington
1121 North 19th Street, Arlington, VA 22209
Marriott Key Bridge
1401 Lee Highway, Arlington, VA 22209
Holiday Inn Rosslyn at Key Bridge
1900 North Fort Myer Drive, Arlington, VA 22209